Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

My name is Joshua Le Guillou. I am a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High school who takes multiple AICE classes, including AICE Media Studies. I like to produce music, exercise and play sports as hobbies. I produce different types of music such as EDM (electronic dance music), hip-hop instrumentals and more using FL Studio 12 on my dell Laptop. I started producing when i was twelve years old when i got my first laptop which was a small HP with barely 10 gb of space on it. I messed around with producing music and then got into making videos. Whenever i was bored I would record funny videos on my Ipod, open Sony Vegas and edit them and sometimes post them to social media platforms such as Vine or YouTube. After years of producing music and making dumb little videos I got somewhat good with producing, putting sound and video together and everything that pretty much has to do with Media. My interest in film slowly grew as I got older, making it one of my ideas as a career, which is why i chose to take this class.

Everyday when I get home from school I hop on my computer and produce music or dj. I practice every single day spending at least two hours a day on my computer. Once in a while i'll even make a funny video just for myself just to practice my editing skills. Not only do I enjoy film or music but I am into fashion as well. I want to have a career in fashion but if that doesn't go as planned then I will fall back on a film career. Watching movies is probably one of my favorite things to do, especially horror movies. I am a horror fanatic. I love old horror films such as Halloween, The Shining and The Omen. Exploring different sub-genres of horror is also something i find interesting; thrillers, gore, slashers, found footage, and psychological. My personal favorite horror movies of this generation will have to be Midsommar and Hereditary from the Genius himself Ari Aster.

So far, I am enjoying this class. I love film and the idea of creating movies so i feel like this class will definitely be for me. For our first project, we had to make a powerpoint on a specific genre with a group. My group and I picked was dance. We talked about the concept of the genre and how these types of films are created. I learned a lot about this genre as i worked with my group and did research. I am ecstatic to learn more in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment