Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the commercial

Last class we finished filming our commercial. We filmed all of our shots after switching cameras over three times due to the battery that kept on dying. We then dumped the scenes onto the computer. We used Amina's login information. Amina and Charli were not here today. I was left with one person to do the editing. When I walked in the class I signed into the computer. I used the same computer that we used to dump our clips. I also signed in with Amina's information to access the videos again. Pinnacle Studios is down today, therefore we cannot edit.

 However, my partner and I started thinking about ideas. We thought about different ideas that we can use to edit. we thought of different songs, openings, transitions, and special effects. We even thought and searched different motifs or ambient sounds to include in the commercial. As for editing we will use non-diegetic sounds, inserts, fade in and outs, and possibly cross cutting.  My partner and I discussed different effects to add into the commercial. I looked up music. I then opened Google. After I opened up google i signed into my gmail. I then opened google drive. 

After opening google drive, I searched for the folder with all of our files. The folder was on the desktop where we left it, named "MEDIA CLIPS". The computer was a little slow so it took me a little while to do what I needed to do. After my google drive loaded up and I had the folder with all of our files, I dragged the folder called "MEDIA CLIPS" with all of our scenes into my google drive. The computer slowly loaded my folder into my drive. Finally, all of the shots loaded into my drive. I still went back into the folder on my drive to check. I made sure that all of the videos were there. I opened each video one by one so I knew it was all there. Lastly, I signed out of my google account and continued to search for editing ideas. When the editing day comes, I will be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment